Society gives teenage boys a bad rap– disrespectful, selfish, irresponsible etc.– but I find them to be quite useful people.
1. When I have a huge zit on the end of my nose(I swear I’ll be 90 and still popping pimples), I have a huge arsenal of their prescription medications to choose from.
2. Dieting is much easier with human garbage disposals around. Didn’t I make brownies yesterday, cupcakes? Gone, baby, gone!
3. In an extreme act of self-sacrifice teenage brothers will play Webkinz on Gabe’s account “Just to help him win prize money mom.” Yeah, it’s not like that bubble game is fun or anything(Erik also plays it at any opportunity).
4. 16 year olds will do almost any chore in exchange for gas money. 🙂 And happily they will do almost any lame errand just for the sheer thrill of driving.
5. The little boys think my exercise band(trying to strengthen that darn hamstring) is a giant slingshot. When I couldn’t find the band the other night Ben went outside, in the snow, shirtless and found it in the flower beds where he’d spied it earlier in the day. And as if that wasn’t enough, he created a whole slew of new exercises for me to try. He offered to do these pictures shirtless but this is a G-rated blog ya’ know.
6. If I just happen to be downtown with my friend Cindy and notice that “Oh my gosh, it’s time to pick Mary up from preschool RIGHT NOW!” I can simply call sweet Stefan and he will literally RUN to the school to retrieve her and carry her all the way home.
7. All the latest and greatest songs can be found on my ipod thanks to my boys. Sharing music from the 60’s(Beatlemania lives on at our house) to 2008 is one of our happiest pastimes.
9. If Ben cranks up the radio and pulls out a bucket, car washing suddenly becomes very fun.
10. Truly, you need a good referee when arm-wrestling over who gets to marry Ashley C.(Go Gabe!).
Love those boys– love em.