Perhaps the best way to illustrate Gabriel’s personality is through his interactions with Mary. Endlessly patient, he includes her in games with his friends, reads her stories on dark nights and constantly sets her to giggles with silly songs, wild dances and endless jokes that only the two of them seem to understand.
My two January babies share a bedroom (yes, Mary has a pink room that sits empty) and their laughter often keeps the older kids awake. I’ll have to split them up eventually, but not yet.
1. sleeps with Baby Bear
2. takes Jedi Training very seriously
3. curls into my lap during family prayer
4. eats Frosted Mini Wheats every morning and carefully turns each square sugar-side up
5. sings and dances with wild abandon
6. refuses fruit unless under great coercion–Aha! He eats apples and bananas these days.
7. insists on a chapter of Harry Potter every night– reads a chapter of the Book of Mormon with great dramatics.
And only mom is allowed to call him Gaby-baby (always).
Phew, he hasn’t changed as much as I’d thought.